I am a great fan of bittergaurd, however, i am bored to eat this as an usual sidedish. I tried this in a different method which turned out well and even my husband, a bittergourd hater, liked it.
Here goes the recipe,
Kadalai maav- 3tbspn
Rice flour- 2tbspn
Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste- 1spoon
Sesame seeds- 1 spoom
Salt- to taste
Oil- for deep frying
1) Cut the bittergourd into rings and remove the seeds.
2) After washing, add water, a pinch of turmeric powder and boil it for 5mins till it becomes little soften.
3)Strain the water and wash in running cold water.
4) Add besan flour, rice flour, sesame seeds, salt, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, Sesame seeds and mix well and water to be sprinkled. Do not make it batter.
5) Keep it in refrigerator for 1/2 hr.
6) Heat oil in a pan, and deep fry the rings until it turns golden brown.
Note: The boiling and draining is done to reduce the bitterness. If one likes to have it bitter, can avoid this step.
It goes with rice, side snack with tomato ketchup etc.,