I am crazy of chat items and fond of trying out them at home. If i go to a restaurant my first order would be a Chat item and my soul is then fulfilled...After long time i am trying some chats in my kitchen and luv this rain for setting up the mood..!!!
1/4 cup maida
1 1/2 cups ravai or sooji
1 tbsp oil or ghee
salt to taste
water for kneading
oil for deep frying
For making Pani/ sauces:
6-7 cups cold water
Cluster of pudina leaves and coriander leaves
1 green chilli
small piece ginger
1 tbsp amchur pwd/ Dry mango powder
1/2 tsp chaat masala pwd
1/4 tsp cumin pwd
pinch of black salt (optional)
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
salt to taste
How to make:
1) Make a paste of mint leaves, green chilli and ginger and keep aside .
2) Take a vessel, add the cold water in it, followed by the green paste and combine well.
3) Add cumin pwd, chaat masala pwd, amchur pwd, black salt, salt to taste. Garnish with coriander leaves. 4) Chill in refrigerator till use.
Tamarind 1/2 cup (deseeded. You can also use tamarind paste)
Dates 3/4 cup (deseeded, also called “pitted dates”. Get them at desi or mediterranean store)
Gud / Jaggery/ Mollases (can use sugar instead) - 1 cup, add to taste
Red chilli powder
1) Boil 4-5 cups water. When water boils, add tamarind, dates and gud/sugar. Boil themfor 5 minutes.
2) Let the mixture cool down slightly.Blend them in mixie.
3) Strain this to get thick liquid.
4) Dry roast cumin seeds and let them crackle.
5) Add the strained mixture to this and add red chilly powder.