Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Broccoli, mixed vegetable gravy
Very simple, easy and rich dish with cashews and fresh cream. Note, i have not used garlic, and other masalas. I usually avoid garlic to the most though its has too many good values. The reason mainly hides behind my devotion to Srivaishnavam, and little bit from my orthodox family. Its gives more taste when using garlic and other dry masala ingredients(cinnamon stick, bay leaves, star anise, poppy seeds etc.,)
100gms broccoli florets
1 cup mixed vegetables ( mashed potato, carrots cut into cubes, peas, corn)
3 slit green chillies
1 inch sized ginger
1 unripen tomato
Half handful cashewnuts
1 tbspn curd
1 tbspn garam masala
1 tbspn red chilli powder
1 tbspn dhania powder
Fresh cream for garnishing
Salt for taste
How to make:
Onions, green chillies, ginger, tomato, cashews to a smooth paste.
1) Boil all mentioned vegetables with li'll turmeric and a pinch of salt.
2) Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions.
3) Add the ground paste to the onions and garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder.
4) Add boiled vegetables and mashed potato to it.
5) Add required salt, curd and let it cook for few minutes.
6) After it becomes a thick gravy remove from the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fresh cream.