Baby potatoes are easy to cook and can be used as a whole in any menu. Its used either fried, boiled or grilled in any recipes. I tried a curry, an accompaniment for chapathis which is very simple and easy to make and it took 15mins to complete the procedure.
Here i go with the recipe;
Baby Potatoes -1/2kg
Tomato - 1 (big size)
Garlic - 2 pods
Ginger - 2 inches sized
Cashews - 25gms
Bayleaf - a small piece
Redchilli Powder - 1 table spoon
Garam masala - 1 tablespoon
Oil - 3 tablespoons
Pls note that i did not use onions as i had no stock.
How to make:
1) Pressure cook the potatoes and peel off the skin.
2) Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the potatoes. (Remove excess oil using paper towel)
3) Grind tomatoes, ginger, garlic and cashews to a thick paste.
4) Retain 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan and saute the bay leaf.
5) Add the ground paste to oil and saute it well till raw smell is gone.
6) After getting a gravy consistency, add the fried potatoes.
7) Add garam masala, chilli powder and salt to it and leave it to cook for 5mins.
8) After it become a semisolid consistency, remove it from flame and serve.
Serving Suggestion: goes with rotis, chapathis and rice.