For making poori:
Knead wheat flour, a pinch of salt, water (as required) together and keep it aside for some time to become soften. Then, roll over to make about 5-7 diameter and deep fry in oil.
For making sidedish:
4-5 medium sized potatoes (boiled and peeled)
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 tsp urad dal
1 tsp chana dal
4 green chillies, slit or finely chopped
1" knob of fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 medium onions, peeled and finely sliced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp salt
Fresh coriander, chopped
How to make:
1) Dice half the potatoes and roughly mash the other half. Keep aside.
2) Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed wok.
3) Splutter the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
4) Put in the lentils (urad and chana dal) and fry till golden, then add slivered ginger and green chillies - saute for 30 seconds.
5) Next, put in the sliced onions, a pinch of salt and saute the onions of medium flame till they are soft.
6) Add the mashed and diced potatoes.
7) 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and blend well with spices for about a minute.
8) Pour 1 1/2 cups water and leave it to cook.
9) Add salt to taste.
10) Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.