Super South Indian snack which would be awesome to have at the time of rainy season and watching cricket. Very easy to make and consumes less time for the preparation.
Kadalai Paruppu - 1 small cup
Thuvar dal - 1 tablespoon
Onions - 1 big sized
Fennel seeds(saunf) - 1 tea spoon
Red Chillies - 4nos
Green chillies - Finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Hing - A pinch
Curry Leaves - small bunch
Oil - for deep frying
Soak the two dals for about 45mins and grind coresly with red chillies, fennel seeds, curry leaves.
How to make:
1) To the ground mixture, add finely chopped green chillies and onion (if desired you may also add finely chopped ginger and garlic or paste them and add to this mixture)
2) Add hing powder, salt and mix well.
3) Avoid water and see to that the mixture is not too loose.
4) Heat oil in a pan and make patties of the mixture and deep fry them.
5) Remove from oil when its golden brown.
Same procedure for making cabbage vadai,keerai vadai, carrot, beetroot vadai etc.
Serving suggestions: Accompaniments may be tomato ketchup, pudina chutney or any spicy,tangy dips.