Tamarind - lemon size
Dry vathal- sundakai or manathakali kai
Coconut - 50gms
Dry redchillies - 5
Tomato - 1
Thuvar dal - 1 small cup
Sambar powder - 1tbspn
Mustard, Venthayam, Oil, Salt- required amnt
Grind tomato, coconut, redchillies together smoothly.
How to make:
1) Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard and then add venthayam, 1spoon thuvar dal and add 2 redchillies.
2) After all the ingredient is sauteed well, add the dry vathal and fry well.
3) Add sambar powder and then to it add the extracted tamarind pulp.
4) Bring it to boil till tamarind loses its raw smell.
5) Add the ground mixture and thuvar dal.
6) Add salt and a pinch of hing.
7) Garnish with curry leaves.