Young plantain stem - medium size
Slight sour curd - 1 cup
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Redchillies - 2
Mustard - 1spn
Urad dal - 1spn
Coconut scraps - 2tbspn
Redchillies - 3
Jeera - few
Black pepper - few
Raw Rice - 1 spoon
Grind smoothly all the ingrdients and using rice gives a thick consistency to the mixture.
How to make :
1) Cut the plantain stem into pieces according to ur choice, either big or small pieces.
2) Dissolve some yogurt in water and make it very watery and add this to stem the plantain, in order that the pieces will not turn black.
3) Add turmeric and half salt and cook until the vegetable is done.
4) After it becomes soften, add the ground mixture and boil it once more.
5) After this procedure is done add the yogurt and cook covered for few minutes adding the remaining salt.
6) Temper this with mustard, urad dal and curry leaves.
Note: Do not use very sour yogurt for this and also it should not be too watery.