Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Mupparuppu Vadai - 3 dal vadai!
My mother use to make this vadai during poojas and festival (vishesham)time. Though it will not come out more crunchier like masal vadai, it tastes yummy! The vadais in the posted snap may not be in appropriate shapes due to my lack of experience, so excuse me for that :)
Thuvar dal (thuvaram paruppu) - 1/4 cup
Channa dal (kadalai paruppu) - 1/2 cup
Urad dal (ulundu)- 1/4 cup
Raw rice - 1tbspn
Salt - to taste
Hing - a pinch
Curry leaves - a bunch
How to make:
1) Soak the dals and raw rice for 45mins and grind them. (Split the grinding process into 2 session, first grind thuvar dal and urad dal smoothly and then grind channa dal coarsely to make vadas crunchier).
2) During grinding process add salt, redchillies.
3) Take out the mixture and add hing powder and chopped curry leaves.
4) In case if the batter is very thick add little water to make it exact consistency, if its is very lose with excess of water add some rice flour.
5) Make medium sized patties and deep fry in oil.